My old grill, bought a few years ago, is giving up the ghost (several metal parts are literally falling apart). With that in mind, I'm looking for a step up in barbeque and grilling.
Specifically, I'm looking for:
- A grill/smoker (that is, it functions as both a regular grilling device AND as a smoker so I can make things like brisket, real slow-smoked ribs, etc.)
- Not TOO expensive (I know the top end ones -- in reasonable sizes -- can surpass $800 )
- Easy to use, with the latter meaning
- Doesn't take long to get cooking
- Doesn't require me to stand there re-filling it in the middle of the night when I'm smoking something for 14 hours
- Good-sized -- if I'm going to be smokin' stuff, I want lots of it left over.
Anyone have suggestions? I'm not ENTIRELY opposed to wood -- it's actually obviously the best way to do good barbeque -- but I don't have the time to tend a fire, nor is wood cheap or easy to get around here. I can get good wood CHIPS for smoking, etc., but real wood for good barbeque would, I'm pretty sure, cost me a lot more even than the gas I'd be using.