As noted, from jeriendhal ...
3. For each of the fandoms from day two, what were your favorite characters to write?
1) Star Trek: Besides Erik Starson, Self-Insert Sue Extraordinaire, I always was partial to Captain James T. Kirk.
2) Battlestar Galactica. Starbuck and Apollo.
3) Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. That'd be Self-Insert Sue for 100, Bob.
4) 1984: Hated 'em all, just had to rewrite the ending to make it work.
5) Harrison Bergeron: I actually ended up liking young Harrison, because behind his posturing he was still a teenage boy by my interpretation.
6) Saint Seiya, Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, Dragonball Z: in this mega-fic universe, Kathy and I had fairly clear divisions in each story; there were characters I wrote, characters she wrote, and both of us went over each others' stuff to smooth out any rough edges. My characters were Erik Nygard, AKA Windlash (a self-insert Sue, yes, but most readers actually liked him quite a bit as a character), Phoenix Ikki, and Dragon Shiryu in the Saintverse (plus Danielle Arwen Lanier, the heiress Seiya met in Meteor and who became a recurring character); we split Hyoga sort of down the middle, both of us doing part of him, while Kathy had essentially complete control over Seiya, Shun, and Saori. In the Trooperverse Kathy did Touma, Ryo, and Shin completely, I did Shu mostly, and we both did parts of Seiji. I also did some scenes with Touma when he was being the Big Brain of the group. In the DBZ characters I did Goku, Piccolo, and Kuririn mostly, with Kathy doing Vegita, Yamucha, and the rugrat brigade (Gohan, Goten, and Trunks) along with Mirai Trunks.
Favorites to write... probably Erik Nygard, Son Goku, Piccolo, and Kongo no Shu. Unless I include side characters or villains, in which case I have to mention both Konstantin Khoros and Virigar himself.
9) Lord of the Rings. That would be this thing here. No actual CHARACTERS in that one, aside from "doing" Eukonidor in Mentor mode.
10) Pride and Prejudice and The Terminator: That would be "Terminators of Endearment, OR Pride and Extreme Prejudice": Mr. Terminus wins here. He was fun to write.
11) Doc Smith: Mentor of Arisia, no doubt about it. With Blackie DuQuesne a close second.
12) Fullmetal Alchemist. I helped Kathy write parts of an FMA/Torchwood fic and of an FMA/CSI:Miami fic. I *loved* doing Horatio Caine.
13) Little House on the Prairie/Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: "Pa" Ingalls.