List 5 reasons why you are a geek. And make them good reasons. Justify them. Explain them. Be loud and proud about how big of a geek you are! Then pick the 5 biggest geeks you know and have them do the meme.
I don't think the 5 biggest geeks I know have LJs...
1. I have been an RPG gamer for over 28 years. I have been a gamer so long that I translate book and movie and TV characters into game stats almost automatically. I have played at power levels that make munchkins cower. I ran what was probably the first PBEM D&D game in the world, in 1978.
2. I have been online for longer than many reading this journal have been alive. I sent my first E-mail in 1976. My online alias, "Sea Wasp", is probably known by more people than know my real name. I've been known by that name since 1977. On Usenet, articles personally written by me exceed 50,000.
3. I am a true anime fanboy. Not only have I worked in an anime convention, not only have I written anime fanfiction, I have participated in anime cosplay and won awards. I have been interviewed, in costume and in character, by Japanese TV. I was known as Son Goku to a large group of anime fans -- and I wasn't someone who looked at all like him; it was just how well I projected the character.
4. I started reading SF as early as I can remember. I remember lines from books I read once 20 years ago. I spent all my money on books when I was younger; I don't think I ever bought a "snack" with pocket money. I read SF, I watched SF, I tried to write SF. And I finally reached the bottom and became an SF author.
5. I was a science geek throughout my childhood. To the point that my favorite books aside from SF were things like "Volcanoes", "The Silent World", "Kon-Tiki", etc. I own the three-volume set of Halstead's "Poisonous and Venomous Marine Animals", which I used to read as my favorite entertainment when home sick from school.
I AM A GEEK GOD!!!!